Sunday, April 15, 2012

When Character and Ramshackleness become Partners

It is raining outside. Yeah it is really raining. I don't like it when it rains and it falls on me. I don't like it when the rain(s) leave me wet and yearning for some good coffee. That forces me to eat popcorn with coffee... smart but really stupid and boring! It makes me feel bad. It makes me feel really bad. It makes me feel bad because it is normal to feel bad about things like rain all over you and people who are like that rain when they deal with others...
There are times and moments I am tempted to say, “Go to hell!” or “Go throw yourself into the sea!” or worse still, “Go buy yourself a ditch and throw yourself into it!” Those are just vented emotions. They are just a mixture of the rain and the wind or of the sun and blueness. They are just moments of not knowing what to do with pink emotions (read fake emotions) so as with an excuse I end up manufacturing words which I carefully spin in my mind but never make a home for them... It may be because I am a worse being if you have to start a fight with me... or against my thoughts... But everyone hates something about someone or something, I guess. I guess everyone feels the same at some point in their life. Like you wanna pluck out someone’s nose or ears, because such guys ‘just never get it!’
But I have a better excuse: though I may I hate not loving some things about some people, I guess it is normal... I guess it is normal because men are like thus – they can never fully satisfy your expectations...!! People have a way of letting you down. I’m not talking about relationships. Nah. I’m talking about people who think the world was created only for them and that it’s only them who should occupy it... Gheee! I’ve never felt this bad...!
There is one thing about life that I should talk about on this blog – you are not the main determinant of your destiny. Your destiny is a mixture of so many things (including God and fellow men). Your life is like a puppet that is manoeuvred by God, you and other people. (I stand to be corrected on this one.) You may be the main player in the game that is life, but that is not the end of it. That is not to mean that all that you decide and do is what is gonna be the ULTIMATE CAUSE for your destiny. You may play your cards well, yeah; but others may play those cards the other way round and you may also be playing them against God... and you may end up in a really deep ditch...
There is a proverb out there that says, “What goes round, comes round...” I want to show you what that means in many words;
1. Live your life knowing that other people around you also matter a lot.
2. Live your life in moderation > God + others are watching you;
a) You were born elsewhere and they were born somewhere else – your standards and observations on/in life will be somehow different. Always remember that!
b) You are educated. That is good. But don’t spill it all over our faces. How much education you have is none of our business; so deal with people just the way you find them... Anyway, education is just chasing away non-existing paranoia...
c) You have your style and swag and love it. Good! But don’t think we all like it, mun! Tukionekana washamba, just swallow it and move on...
3. Live life with others. My own saying on this one is, “Those desert people will bury you in the best sands if at all you happen to die where they dwell...” These humble people in society breathe and live just as you do. Your importance is unto yourself – don’t sell it to them because they have no chum to buy it. Remember that not all people you will meet will be beggars or ’quacks’ like those you have seen/met; there will always be a place where you will be the major quack and you will be treated just as you treat these ones...
4. Live life with God. “God will bury you, when no man is present...or make you live when no one is seeing..."
And that proverb up there makes sense to everyone. It should make sense to me and to you. It should make sense to the highest ranking servant or officer up to the least. It should make sense to the greatest and to the smallest. The law of good humanity depicts that you should be your brother's keeper and not his piece of ditchy beef! You should understand that character (the essence of being counted worthy by all according to your actions towards/directed to them) may not be built in one day. Character may not be built in one day but you can start form somewhere. Allow God to deal with it – allow Him to shape your character. Even if you were born within an environment where people despised/despise others, and count yourself as one who naturally looks down upon other people, life gives you a chance to change. Life gives you a chance to look deep into yourself and say, “I want to start valuing other people just as I value myself” ~~I guess that is what the Bible teaches as the law of LOVE ~~ It is then that you turn around and say, “I want to value the way these people/person do/does things without criticizing them.” Yeah, it is then that you tell yourself to shut up when the urge to call them stupid comes. It is then that you tell yourself that they are just men/human and you are just like them – with a difference of figuring out life differently...

Prologue
With the seeker is the zeal to find; with the source is the ability to supply,
A foolish man is he who thinks he can do both – be sought after and supply,
A wise man seeks and supplies, he honestly seeks and diligently supplies,
Such men are people of character – they understand that only God is by himself but for us all...


Sincerely,
Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment