Monday, June 11, 2012

I’m Ashamed


I’m ashamed of all the stupidity and carnality that rises up by the day
Of all the filthiness and ruggedness that milks itself from within us
I’m ashamed of all those stupid sayings that people love to hail in the name of wisdom
While their ways are perilous and ashamedly ridiculous

I’m ashamed of false kisses given in the name of love
Of all the pungent smell of lust coined with forgery and masquerading mankindness
I’m ashamed of all the utterances of surety; of false assurance
While everyone knows that doubt is the unchanging daily anthem of such hearts…

I’m ashamed of you and me who never ever unite for a good cause
Of all the words we say to each other in the name of solidarity
I’m ashamed of our pretence, of our rottenness covered with gowns of self-righteousness
While the sun shines to each of us and we still enjoy the freedom of an unpretending God...

I’m ashamed of our philosophical trends
Of our tendency to exalt intellectualism above reason and meaningful piety
I’m ashamed of us because we have stopped to value that we should so much value
Because we all think that somehow we will change how the world goes round and comes round

I’m ashamed of bruises earned in the name of sacrifice
Of sacrifices given to appease mankind and to gain one-day favors
I’m ashamed of praises and the glory of men, that which tastes as bad and smells as weird…
Why do we so much think that we gain anything from all that at all? – I’m ashamed of that also!

I’m ashamed of meekness and fondness, and mildness, and kindness
But I’m also ashamed of greatness, of might and too much strength
I’m ashamed of them both because of their paradoxical interchangeableness
Because you may never know just which one really is present…

I’m ashamed of orthodoxy and servants of the status quo mentality,
Of radicalism and edginess, of change and newness, of aptness and kemptness
I’m ashamed of trades of conventionalism and bails from originality
Because, who told us that change should be our opium no matter what?

I’m ashamed of the politics of gorging out people’s eyes
Of running over the weak and blotting out their names in order to trace importance
I’m ashamed of those running games and games of words
Anyways, who said we have to win and keep winning these games?

I’m ashamed of laws, of petty laws that cry for my submission
I’m ashamed of petty businesses and of coiled interceptions
Of murmurs and murders, of irrational mothers and fathers
I’m ashamed of absent-minded sisters and brothers that hover all over the place
And of chauvinism and fundamentalism, of feudalism and aristocracy…

I’m ashamed of swag, of irrational swag and its worshippers
I’m ashamed of style and of clashes of generational transitions
I’m ashamed of meaningless victories, of triumphs, of anticipations
I’m ashamed of readiness, of anxiety, of expectancy,
I’m ashamed of life and death, of sighs and breaths, of swords and sheaths,
I’m ashamed of so many things I don’t even understand…

Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment