Thursday, February 28, 2013

O Kenya! My Beloved

O Kenya!
Peep from the corner of thine eye and see your love
Tears of honor and infuriation of joy for thee art edged
Sounds of hope, with songs of citizenship beloved
I will sing to thee with a will so profound
For whence thine Peace goest, will I go…

O Kenya!
My dear, my beloved, my resound of a nation
My land, my country, my prayer, my petition
My people, my cities, my towns, my meditation
My fight, my struggle, my turn for anticipation
On thine walls I will wait in desperation
For whence thine Peace goest, will I go…

I love you Kenya! I won't give you up!












O Kenya!
My emotion shall turn for thee
I will not allow my courage to flee
Nor my thought, nor my ability to see
For thine beauty will I always behold in me
Forgetful not of what a blessing from above you are to me
In the deepest of my angst I will still see thee
For whence thine Peace goest, will I go…

Yeah, whence thine Peace goest, will I go
Praying, panting, running for thine Peace
Even shadows of thine dreadful past will grab me not
I will keep praying, gasping, running for thine Peace…
O Kenya! My beloved, my nation, my land…
Whence thine Peace goest, will I go…



Bonface Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment