Friday, March 29, 2013

When I Looked at You... I Fell in Love


This is a story I tell often but almost all the time in or with different words: my love story. It is a story I write poems about because it catches my emotion when I'm reminded of it. It is a story of love.
One sad thing though is that I can't really hold together how it all happened, or how it all occurred, or how it keeps on happening or occurring...
Anyway, do I have to?
But I'm glad that it surely happened:-

It's not something I regret or would at any given time want to regret
Because it is true that when I looked at You, I fell in love
I knew, and I still know that I know not what love looks like
You see, the very image of You before me revolted my imagination,
It ran down my scope of thinking and subdued it
It skimmed through my intellect and overwhelmed it...
And even though I may want to deny it, I got lost for a while,
I got lost in that galaxy of a moment,
Me here seeing You there was an exclamation of an existence...

When I looked at You... I fell in love,
I didn't want to - because, anyway, who REALLY wants to?
It (love) gets us unawares (C S Lewis has told me so), and we frantically deny falling into its powerful arms; 
So, to try to conceal my wonder - the wonder of how at that time I had failed to put myself together - I stood there staring like I had lost and now was finding something,
Like founding was being founded, a founding that runs deeper...
I know You know how we men feel when we are finding - finding something - yet again being found by that something...
And how scared we always seem when found and are founding a petition to escape being in the finding...
Yeah, that's how I felt,
That's how I still feel...
Many words. But profound...

Yeah, it was Your beauty I think,
Err, or was it the ultimatum which You carried in that time?
Or it may be both: how You looked like and what You represented
Nevertheless, I was hypnotized so
I refused to say "no" to Your existence
And decided to fall in love...
It was love at first sight but for a good reason and cause, err, course...
I know they say that love at first sight is quite overrated,
I know also that it is sometimes wise to let the sayers say their sayings,
But wasn't it worthy the course to peruse through my pride and shed its edges just this one time, huh?
So I am here capturing and birthing memoirs again
Like my soul is in a conduit of applause again, and again,
I am thinking of You and falling in love again, because
When I look at You... I fall in love

I promised that I won't stop loving You. I am a liar.
I am a liar because You have watched me stop at some point, er, many times,
You have watched me stoop and stop in many ways along the way, 
I promised it but I have not fully kept my promise. I know.
I have not fully kept my part of the promise because as I told You when I first met You - I can be a lil' bit weird...
But You had and have and will always be the classic faultless One who takes me as I am. Unconditionally. 
When I tell You that I still love You, You will believe me, right?
I know I may have not fully kept my word sometimes,
But that's the best way I know how to love,
Because I still know that...
When I met and looked, and look at You, I fell, and I still fall... in love...

You have taught me a new way to love. It is different;
It is very different here when I am with You
You see, many people doubt that there is a love like Yours
I think they've not met such a lover like You
Your romance is different
Your words are different
Your countenance is different
Your promises are different
Yeah, Your everything is different
So, to prove them wrong, I will tell them how I met with You and how You've never given up on me all this time...
I will show them too how You do things - how You love things done,
And that my life with You doesn't entirely depend on me but You...
So, again, when I look at You, even in the future, and with my failures,
I will fall in love...

Because You are special to me
And memoirs of You are important to me
#EasterIsSpecial to me...
You make Easter very special to me...



Bonface Morris       


No comments:

Post a Comment