Friday, October 25, 2013

The New Me

I need a brand new me
Yes, I need him because I am tired of this normal me
I am tired of the "usual" and "common" me
I need a new me, a brand new me
I need him so much that I dare write about him;
A me that is different, and wiser, and more intuitive, and abnormal,
A me that husks from berries, and fetches pints and pints of salt
Yes, this me, this one, I will write about

I need this me, this brand new me so bad
I need him so much that I'll climb all the mountains there are to reach him
And I will walk all the journeys there are, and all there is...
I need him to come and swallow up this other me...
And before he is done, I want him to teach me some few things, to teach me to become this kind of me:
A me that does not cuss, nor lie, nor quarrel
A me that does not judge people according to their flaws, nor discriminate, nor pamper prejudice
A me that seranades and passionately totters compassion
A me that is polite, and humble and true, but a lil rugged
Yes, before he is done, I wanna be like him...

Then after he has taught me, and directed me and my obedience has been tested,
After I have withered in his strokes and I am dead,
Then I shall not be anymore,
And I shall have pardoned my shameful paddling, and seamlessly grasped a few, no, all of his mannerisms...
Then as a toddler I will barge from these old soils, stretching my arm, seeking guidance
Murmuring a new tongue and eating a new language...
And clutching at pots and spoons, bread and corn meals and bones that will be food of my new aboard
And I shall be confounded by my growth...

Then patience will not be a lake, nor will hungering and thirsting for Him who created me be a river,
After I am done learning from this new me, the throne of Him who made me will be my dwelling place,
And talking to Him will be my eternal pleasure...
O that this me will come!
That I may hide no more the fires flaming within my soul!!
O that I may eat of no earthy cuisines and drink of no blemish!

But he is not far away from me, this one, no, he is not
This brand new me is right here with me
If only I can lean deeper within,
If only I can stop running and chasing him around,
I can bring him to life
Yes, I can bring him to life from right where I am...

And so as I seek to get to that me, I am wanting to ask you,
"Have you found your 'you'?
Do you want to?"
Have you met with Jesus?
Have you known that there can never be a "you" that is better than what He forges, what He makes?
This is what He once said to Israel (Jeremiah 18:6 [NKJV]): "'O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?' says the LORD. 'Look, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel...!'"
And Jeremiah had been sent to see how He so dearly wants to make us over, to make brand new "us"
And I've found out that if I want to meet the brand new me I so much desire to meet,
I'll need to meet with Him (Jesus) first, and meet Him often
And I think the same of you too...
Go meet with Him (Jesus)
Allow Him to make out of you a brand new you
I'll be doing the same - giving out myself to the new me...
Then after He has made us over, come on and let's change the world together... by Him.

Bonface Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment