Monday, February 23, 2015

Mixed Feelings


You may tend to wonder why the title is 'Mixed Feelings'. To be honest, if you were in my position, you would be too.

Ever since mum said to me that KCSE Results are being announced on Tuesday, I must say it has been #!?*@$. (Somewhere between heaven and hell. I don't know if there's anything like that, but if there is, it should be Earth :-) )

Now, it's just some hours to Tuesday. The Red Letter Day. (Just like we used to write down our titles in the BEST compositions we ever wrote in Primary School).
All the memories of High School are running through your mind. Especially those times that you wasted time doing everything else instead of reading.

You may be in this situation;

All you can think of right now are the exams. You can clearly recall all the papers that were difficult to you during the Exam period. In the inside of you, you are frightened and scared. You are not sure if you'll pass or fail. Passing and Failing all depend on the target you had set for yourself.

This FEAR is really torturing you.  All your pals look okay and not tensed.  When someone reminds you of the Exam Release you put on a brave face and say, "I'm Good!" yet deep inside yourself there is turmoil and you know what you really feel - that which nobody else sees or knows.

Unfortunately, for me, I don't lie. I just say what I feel and I didn't say I am afraid.  

I am not good at encouraging people, but to those who are afraid,  God has a plan for you. Believe you'll pass and you will. Trust in God and let Him have his way in your life.  Whether you'll get an 'E' or an 'A', only God knows where your grades will take you. At least that's what I can say to you.

Thanks to taking your precious time to read this article.



Larry just finished High School last year and He both loves Christ and is cool like that :-). Expect more from him as he moves into the next phase of his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment