Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Random Posts: Love Fought. And It Won.

Love fought. And won. 
There's a battle - there are battles - in every soul.
Such battles are never easy.
They are never easily won.
We fight for control,
We fight against the grizzly.
We fight with a brawl,
We fight against the beastly.
And in most of our fights, we fight with our backs against the wall,
Yet we mostly fight cunningly, treacherously and unscrupulously.

We sometimes pick the wrong fights.
It happens to the best of us.
We beat air, we stuff our minds with empty despair.
We stage rings and make plots.
We wait for our opponent with a joint of a flair.
Then when they come, we put on our fighting lights.
Then we fight.
We fight like it's our share.
We fight as if the world plus all we think we're fighting for will ultimately pull us out of our plight.
Sometimes it turns out alright, Sometimes it is unfair.
But we still fight.
We fight our wars until our breath seems to lose its flare.

But there is One I know,
I'll tell you about Him.
This One, after I had fought all I can,
And after I had thrown in every blow,
Even after I thought, "Aaah, I know I can. I can make a win", and eventually lost,
He chose to pick the biggest of all fights.
He picked not ONLY my biggest fights,
But He picked all the fights I "could" and couldn't fight because, yes, I was not able to.
For He said this to the Holy One of Israel after everyone else refused to pick my fights, "I'll go fight for him. Send me, I'll go."
He is the only man that faces battles instead of running away from them.

So He came crushing in, yet stooping low.
He came knowing who, why, how and when to fight.
He had the right experience and His battle had already been declared won.
He came and fooled His opponent.
Babies can't fight, right?
This baby we're celebrating today couldn't fight, could He?
This made His adversary think, "Aaah, this war, I've already won. Babies can't win a war."
He didn't know what was coming to him.
His opponent had no idea of what was coming to him.
He fought not like men fight their wars,
Not like we fight our wars - with mortal strength and soaring, nor with shouts and oars
He came down and staged His own ring
This was his battle, so the devil had no idea what was coming to him...

Yes, He picked one eternal battle and won it for eternity.
When I still didn't know I'll ever need to know how to fight,
Before I even knew there was a war that needed fighting,
Before I even had guts to fight,
Before I even knew about wars and losing and winning and brawls,
He picked all my fights and won them all into eternity.
See? That's how love fought, and it won.
He came down, fought, and won.
He is not like me. Not like us.
He didn't fight aimlessly.
He didn't fight like us.
This was His battle, His war, and there was no way He was gonna lose it carelessly.

That's the One I'm celebrating today.
I'm celebrating the fact that He could see my battles and win them before I even begun fighting.
Jesus Christ is the man I'm celebrating today.
That He could come and fight on my behalf, and win on my behalf.
Not that He needed the victory - because it was already His,
But because I needed THAT victory - because it had never been mine.
Without Him, I cannot even win half of what I face.
I am counted to have won because He won. See?
That's why He is the One I am picking on to teach me the art of war.
Because before his opponent even thought there was a fight, he had already beat him down.
Who doesn't want such a tutor?
And, again, who am I that He should fight my meaningless wars?
What a Savior!!!

Merry Christmas people!!

He came. He fought. He won.
Love came. Love fought. Love won.

Cc
1. Hillsong Worship - Love On the Line 
2. Chris Tomlin - At the Cross (Love Ran Red) 


Bonface Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment