Monday, June 6, 2016

That's the World I Want! (Extended Edition)

That's the world I want!!
Prologue
Very few things are impossible. In fact, nothing is impossible.

*******
I want a world where I can freely share my weaknesses and humbly boast about my strengths.
It's a funny world where people forget my titles but embrace my every entitlement.
I want such a world.
I want a world where people will understand that others make mistakes, understand them anyway but still hold them accountable.
I want people to mean what they say and to say what they mean.
I want sincerity and honesty, I want generosity and acceptance of diversity.
It's a funny world yeah,
But that's the world I want!

I want a world where people neither judge too much nor too little,
Where people don't pretend to be what they are not.
A world where the rocks don't brittle and thoughts don't wobble.
I want a little more of truth and a little more of love; and little more of the old tolerance (yes, ask Don Carson about it) and a little more of truism.
I want a world where Christians understand that it's okay to feel out of control, and that you cannot always be in control.
I want a world where we understand that becoming perfect is everyone's goal, but being perfect is Christ Himself.
A world where struggles are celebrated so long as they are helping us achieve perfection, which is Christ Himself.
And I want a world where non-Christians understand that Christians lose it too - and that’s okay - and that it's what Christianity is all about: losing it so that God can align it.
I want something I don't see today.
That's the world I want!

I want a world where people don't read between the lines because sometimes there is actually nothing to be read.
I want people to sometimes take things just the way they are: to enjoy the face-value of things.
I want some bit more of WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get). Nothing more and nothing less.
I want a world where when people see spoons, they see spoons and not spades.
In such a world, we will feed well and farm well.
In such a world, we will fight less and jabber less.
Yes, that's the world I want!!

I want a world where people give, forgive, live and let live.
I want a world where both the "sane" and the "insane" can ride on the same bus, chat, alight and go their separate ways.
I want curiosity to kill us and wonder to submerge us; peace to fill us and joy to cover us.
I want love to imbibe us and honesty to disciple us.
I want truth to guide us and knowledge to sustain us.
I want a world where we are keen to learn and we never boast of the little we already know.
I want a world where we find wisdom not so that we may become superior to others but in order to guide the lost.
That's the world I want!!

I want the only confusion we know of to be: "I'm confused! I wanna do more! What can I do to save him/her?"
I want people to care, and not just to pretend that they care.
I want people to believe in God, not just to pretend that they do believe in Him.
I want leaders to serve, and not just lead.
I want people to believe in one another so that they're not secretly terrified of an "eminent attack".
I want justice and love to flow like a river and praise and worship to fill the valleys of animosity that separate us.
It is not an impossible world.
It is the world I see.
And, and, that's the world I want!!

*******
Epilogue
Read more insight from Brittney Moses, founder and president of UNASHAMED IMPACT here: Dear Christian, It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.


Bonface Morris.


No comments:

Post a Comment