Friday, November 16, 2012

“Come We Stay” - A Poem








This is a supposed love poem of a Kenyan lover to his beloved...










Come baby, come we stay,
Come lay my eggs and I will brood over them,
I am unsure if our relationship makes sense, yeah, any sense
And I am afraid that it may jump out and over the fence
But let’s give this relationship a chance of trial and error
And maybe it will hatch into chicks maybe into vipers...
But anyway, come baby, come we stay;

I needed some free stuff, you know
I wanted to pretend that I am committed to you, you know
But how could I unless I cheated you into ‘marrying’ me for sure?
How could I unless I got you hooked, huh?
So I beg you to understand, to understand that I am using you as my experimental material,
Because even our national leaders in this land do understand and approve of my schemes
So baby, o my baby, come we stay...

Come baby, come we stay
Although I am not sure that we are meant for each other
And may never be sure of our truly loving each other
And I daily doubt about ‘if we are meant for each other’
Come baby, my darling; come let me pamper you for a while
An after I am bored; just after I am bored of you
We can have our separate ways...
Yeah, come baby, come let us give it a try, come we stay...

Come baby, even though I don’t want to publicly announce my fears,
Let’s take up this chance before our national leaders change their minds
It may be our only chance of justified stolen freedom
Our only chance to make our sins legitimate before man
Although this stain will stay seen in God’s eyes,
Baby, I know we can later amend our ways with Him...
So come baby, come we stay...

You don’t mind staying, do you?
One night stand, two nights out, three or four, huh?
I promise I will never break your heart, but if I do, it will be in a civilized way
I promise nothing but heaven for the next few days
I promise only before you, so that if you may later develop the appetite of taking me to court,
Or wherever they DO take guys like me,
I will deny saying such things – although I will ensure that baby, I do it with swagga in order to hurt you less
So please baby, come, come we stay...

Come we stay my darling,
And after we are tired of each other, we can part ways
And you can go get another to stay with,
And I can go get another one to ‘fall in love’ with
But for now,
Come baby, come we stay...

Thank you for Understanding...
Your Love...
Typical Kenyan Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment