Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In Praise of a Song


Though within me a game of emotions resounds
Melancholic, endeavoring chimes of sadness
Reminiscence mixed with suspense,
And I may ask myself “whence shall I run to quench mine endless angst?”
Then herein my symphony will I hold so dearly
So dearly as my onlest source of bliss!

Say they that in aptness shall mankind find calmness
But I think that in calmness man hides his utmostness
And in utmostness shrivels his consciousness
The power of soundmindedness…
But so have I chosen to hold mine tempest, my wildest
In the confines of symphonies
For when the ice comes out coldest,
Then shall I sing again my best to make me warmest,
O symphony, my truest and utmost friend…

There erupts in a lonely wild
An edge of cliffhanger sounds
Yawning into my being the longing for a sound, for a symphony
Then knowest I not the yonder of one song
Till I join in its deliverance and wonderful ambience
In its beauty and benevolence,
O symphony, my truest and utmost friend…

Music wails in my soul
Calling after me, after you
Music resounds in my heart
Calling out to me, out to you
It trails me away as I follow its path
Into the wild freshness of a sound
Into the deep keenness of a song
Ripping me apart and altogether mending my soul
Taking me up high and altogether soothing me right down…

O symphony, my truest and utmost friend…
I will seek thine refuge but not only in thee
But in the Master of such
For He has placed you in the innermost depths of me
That I may make men joy in His unending gladness…


Morris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment